The safety and wellbeing of all children and young people is of paramount importance. Parents and carers send their children to school each day with the expectation that the school provides a safe and secure environment in which their children can flourish.
We have posters located all around our school so that pupils know there are people they can talk to if they have any issues or worries.
It is vitally important that all of our pupils stay safe online. Here are some key e-safety tips for staying safe whilst using the internet:
- Keep your computer or tablet in a place where everyone can use it, go online with your child so you can see what they are doing on the internet.
- Remind them that everyone they meet online is a stranger even though they might seem like a friend.
- Encourage your child never to meet up with someone they make friends with online.
- Be aware of cyberbullying. Be alert to your child seeming upset after using the internet or their mobile phone.
- Talk to your child so they know they can come to you. Your continued involvement is the best way of keeping your child safe.
- Make sure they know what content and behaviour is acceptable.
- Check that sites they access are age appropriate.
- Consider using parental/ security settings.
- Make sure they know they shouldn’t give out personal information. That means full name, home or school address, telephone number or personal email or mobile number.