About the Academy
Montagu Academy is a place where all staff are dedicated to providing a stimulating, exciting environment where everyone feels valued and safe, creativity and ideas can flourish and children can maximise their progress.
We aim to enthuse our children and develop caring and respectful individuals by providing a purposeful and engaging curriculum, and by promoting excellent behaviour.
The link between home and school is integral to a child's success and we encourage parents to take an active part in their child's learning. We see parents as partners in the education of their children and greatly value their contribution to school life.
Whatever the needs of a child or special interests they have, we aim to ensure that each and every individual thrives at Montagu Academy. We want the children here to have memorable experiences, build on what they know and can do and become confident life-long learners.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find the information you are looking for.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision - ‘Striving for excellence, broadening horizons’
Montagu Academy promotes high achievement and learning for life by enabling children to –
- Achieve high standards in all they do and to have ever-developing aspirations
- Develop enquiring minds
- Maintain high self-esteem, whilst demonstrating concern and respect for themselves and others
- Embrace the opportunities of the future
- Channel their natural curiosity to become highly motivated and enthusiastic learners
- Have respect for their community and environment
- Develop an understanding of, and tolerance towards, the ideas of those from differing cultural and religious traditions
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing –
- A positive and stimulating learning environment
- A broad and challenging curriculum which encompasses the requirements of the National Curriculum
- High quality, innovative teaching
- An inclusive ethos of support and challenge, within which each individual is valued and encouraged to build upon their previous best
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by –
- Ensuring ongoing, structured evaluation of school effectiveness and pupil attainment
- Continuous personal and professional development and support
- Working closely in partnership with colleagues, governors, parents and the wider community